Use this form if you are appealing the suspension of your financial aid due to your failure to meet the SAP requirements set forth by Kennesaw State University. If your SAP failure was due to extenuating circumstances, you may be eligible for reevaluation of your financial aid eligibility by the SAP Appeals committee.
Appeals submitted by the 5th day of each month will receive the Appeals Committee decision by the 20th of the month. Decisions will be sent to your student email address and are mailed via US Mail. Please be sure submit your appeal in a timely fashion to meet payment deadlines. The Appeals Committee meets once a month to review any appeals submitted by the 5th of each month.
Satisfactory Academic Progress has qualitative and quantitative requirements as follows:
- 2.0 cumulative GPA for an undergraduate student or
- 3.0 cumulative GPA for a graduate student
Quantitative (Completion Ratio and Maximum Time Frame)
- Undergraduate students must complete their degrees before reaching% of the number of hours required for their degree (for most students this is 185 attempted semester hours) and earn at least 67% of the hours they attempt.
- Graduate students must complete their degrees before reaching 150% of the number of hours required for their degrees and earn at least 67% of the hours they attempt
- Complete sections 1-4 of the appeal form (all sections are required).
- Attach the REQUIRED documentation requested on the appeal form.
- Write your name and KSU ID# at the top of each documentation page.
- All documentation must be submitted when you submit your appeal. Any documentation submitted after you submit the appeal may not be used for consideration. Supporting statements cannot be from family members. Supporting statements must be SIGNED and on professional letterhead.